SPIRITUALIST CHURCH OF CANADA - MINISTRY
The Spiritualist Church of Canada will receive applications from any Spiritual person desiring to qualify as an Ordained Minister of the religion of Spiritualism who:
1. Is a current subscribing member of the Spiritualist Church of Canada and has been a subscribing member for at least two (2) years contiguous to the application.
2. Has an Accredited Worker's Certificate as a Lecturer, Medium and Spiritual Healer from the Spiritualist Church of Canada and has served Spiritualist churches in these capacities continually for two (2) years prior to the application.
3. Has graduated from the Spiritualist Church of Canada education programme or has been granted equivalency for other courses of study by the Board of Governors of the Spiritualist Church of Canada
4. Has demonstrated reasonable knowledge of the Religion, Philosophy, and Science of Spiritualism.
5. Has demonstrated reasonable knowledge of the literature on Spiritualism and its authors, and of the history of Spiritualism.
6. Has a reasonable knowledge of comparative religions.
7. Has a reasonable ability to prepare and conduct a complete service in a professional manner.
8. Agrees to uphold the Code of Conduct and Ethics as set by the Spiritualist Church of Canada
An Ordained Minister shall be entitled to the title "REVEREND" while in good standing with the Spiritualist Church of Canada. A stole and robe approved by the Spiritualist Church of Canada is the only identifying garment to be worn, indicating a Spiritualist Ministers' calling.
The Board of Governors of the Spiritualist Church of Canada reserves the right to interview and test applicants.
MINISTERS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
All ministers with the Spiritualist Church of Canada are required to attend a Professional Development/Resource course at least once every five years. The Spiritualist Church of Canada will hold these courses free of charge for our ministers, at least twice every five years. This gathering will give ministers an opportunity to address and discuss ministerial issues, as well as be updated on government policies pertaining to non-profits.
The Spiritualist Church of Canada will advise our ministers when and where these courses will be held and the different means in which ministers can participate.
PROOF OF COMPLIANCE
All ministers with the Spiritualist Church of Canada are required to sign a Code of Conduct form once every 5 years, unless the document is revised or there is reasonable cause to revisit this signed document before that time.
All ministers with the Spiritualist Church of Canada are required to submit a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check once every 5 years, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our Head Office by Canada Post.
PRESENTATION OF CERTIFICATES
All Accredited Worker or Ordination Certificates will be presented at the next Annual Member Meeting following the issuing of the certificates, unless otherwise approved by the Board of Governors.
Where possible and if requested a representative from the Board of Governors will attend a member’s home Church for the presentation of the certificate.